Greece is one of the origins of Mediterranean civilization and has a great influence on the history and development of Europe, Africa and Asia. It is located on the southernmost point of the Balkan Peninsula, bordering Turkey to the east and the Mediterranean to the southwest. Greece has more than 3000 islands, which are spread across the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. The climate is warm and humid in winter and hot and dry in summer. It is famous for its island scenery and beaches. There is an abundance of historical sites in Greece, such as the Acropolis, Delphi Sun Temple and the religious city of Apollo. Greek and English are commonly used in Greece.
- Purchasing real estate in Greece. Property price not less than 250,000 euros;
- The main applicant must be at least 18 years old;
- Nocriminal record;
- Pass the health check;
- Purchase medical insurance;
- Have a Schengenvisa, tourist or business visa valid for 90 days.
- Unmarried children under 18 years old
- After completing the property purchase procedures, a residence card valid for 5 years can be obtained within 2 months at the earliest.
Documents required for Schengenvisa:
- 2 photos (35mm x 40mm with white background)
- Original and copy of travel document (with English translation)
- Original and copy of bank book
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Invitation letter (prepared by Greek authorities)
- Copy of bank card and bank statement for the last 6 months
- Proof of employment with company seal
- Company leave letter
- Departure and return flight tickets
- Proof of hotel reservation
- Travel insurance (purchased from local insurance company)
- Schengenvisa application form
Basic documents required to apply for a residence permit in Greece:
- 4 photos (35mm x 40mm white background)
- Passport and certified copy
- Notarized copy of birth certificate (with English translation and double certification required)
- Notarized copy of marriage (with English translation and dual certification required)
- Notarized copy of family relationship (with English translation and dual certification required)
- Notarization of no criminal record (residence 6 months before application, with English translation and dual certification required)
- Bank statement for the last 6 months (proof of deposit of 250,000 Euros or more)
- Proof of original residential address in the last 3 months (such as tax bills, electricity bills, etc., with English translation)
- Insurance contracts issued by international insurance companies or Greek insurance companies(Proof that the insurance covers the applicant's stay in Greece)
- Medical examination report issued by a Greek hospital
Required documents for investment projects:
- Copy and notarization of real estate sales contract
- Certificate from the Greek Land Registry
- Proof of medical insurance
- Formal statement by the investor confirming its compliance with investment requirements
- Property investment contract and proof of property ownership
- Greek bank account receipt
- FiscolNumber (FiscolNumber)
- Type D visa
With the right of abode in Greece, you can freely enter and exit the 26 Schengenmember states in Europe, such as Spain, France, Germany and Italy. Holding a Greek passport can also enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival for more than 162 countries around the world.
Low staying requirements
After obtaining the residence status, no entry is required within five years.
Low investment threshold
Greece is the country with the lowest investment threshold out of all the European Investment Immigration Programs. The program only requires 250,000 eurosto be invested in real estate. The applicant will then be entitled to apply for local residency status.
The Ministry of Health in Greece cooperates with local private medical insurance, and all Greek citizens and residents enjoy free medical care services. Moreover, the local medical system is well established, and the average life expectancy in Greece is as high as 79.9 years.
Nine years of free education
The Greek government attaches great importance to education and provides nine years of free education for school-age children. Other than teaching basic subjects, Greek schools also focus on holistic education and train students to develop in many aspects. In addition, post-secondary institutions, such as the University of Patras, the University of Athens and the University of the Mediterranean, are recognized by European countries and cooperate with famous universities from the United States and the United Kingdom, to provide high-quality education.
The official language of Greece is Greek, but nearly 70% of Greek residents are proficient in English. In addition, because people from different countries live here, many residents also know French and Italian.
ProceduresENAfter providing free consultation, preliminary assessment and collecting documents, sign the service agreement and power of attorney, and pay the deposit.
After the preliminary review of the documents is passed, a Schengenvisa (7 working days) will be processed and a Greek bank account will be opened.
Hold a Schengenvisa to open a local bank account, and entrust a lawyer to fill in the application form and go to the immigration office to print a fingerprint.
Inspect real estate approved by the government and complete the property purchase procedures. The applicant will be issued a real estate certificate after about a week.
Our Greek lawyer will handle the documentation and submit the application to the Greek Immigration Ministry (about 2 months for processing).
A residence permit valid for 5 years will be granted.
You can apply for a Greek passport after 5 years (a simple Greek interview is required).